Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wednesday 9th July

Today was a busy day, we spent all day shopping.......definitely not my favourite pass time, but shop I did. I called into Superior Sound to see if I could have the images from my digital camera uploaded onto a disk. Craig Kovatch very kindly took the time to do this for me, thanks Craig.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank Stephen Prior of Freeway Communications in Abbotsford, BC for the personal time he took, to input and upload and register my SPOT messenger. The spot messenger has been a valuable way of giving our location to family and friends at home. I sincerely recommend this tool for anyone considering travelling into the wilderness.

Brett Murdoch from Valhalla Pure Outfitters, Abbotsford, BC for downloading all the maps onto my GPS, again impossible for me to do without a computer. I know it took a considerable time to do. Thank you Brett. The GPS with maps of the river has been another fantastic aid, which has made travelling along the river much easier.

Doug Swallow of Canoe North, Hay River NWT has also been a big help. We've had many an email from Doug answering Alaine and Leonie's questions over this past 9 months of planning. He has been very generous with his time and knowledge. Thanks Doug.

During our stay here at Hay River, we've met many friendly and helpful people who have been happy to share their knowledge and experiences of this vast area.

The hire canoe is still to arrive, as is Leonie's missing bag.

Back at Harbour House we began to pack the food into day packs, seemingly a never ending job. We're (well I am) worried that we wont be able to fit every thing into the canoe.

No comments: